What Is Virtual Private Network (VPN)? And Why Do I Need It?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network is a technology that creates a safe and secure tunnel between two or more devices. VPNs are used to add security and privacy to public and private networks like internet and WiFi hotspot. Virtual private network mostly used by a corporation to protect sensitive data.
When your device connects to VPN, you usually launch VPN client on your device and it’s exchange trusted key with a server. Once both verify each other as trusted all of your communication is encrypted and secured from eavesdropping.
Why Do I Need A VPN?
- Access Blocked Website: Get around website blocked by a government with VPN
- Hide Your IP Address: Connecting VPN is concealed your original IP address
- Encrypted Data Transfer: It protects sensitive data you transfer over public networks
- Change IP Address: You will get different IP once connected to VPN
- Mask Your Location: Choose your preferred country of origin for their internet connection
- Avoid Censorship & Surveillance: Your ISP only see encrypted traffic passing over VPN, It cannot decipher data or know a website you visited.
How Do You Get VPN & Which One Should You Choose?
The VPN market has exploded in the past few years and you can find lots of vpn service provider. So it’s getting very hard to tell which company is providing a secure connection. But don’t worry I already share an article about best vpn providers in 2018.
There are some virtual private network provider offers free service and there are some which chargeable. Paid vpn provider offers proven security, robust gateway and high-speed connection. If your needs are basic then select a free service can still keep you safe.
For select best vpn you need to keep few important things in mind such as performance, reputation, transparency, types of encryption used, customer support, easy to use and some extra features.