Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Fix For Windows 7, 8 & 10
Hey are facing black screen on windows computer with error message like Rebook and Select proper boot device or Insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. Today in this article we are going to share how to fix reboot and select proper boot device problem.
It is very common error for windows users when you change hard drive or add additional drive. This error coming up in any windows computer like windows 10/8/8.1 & 7. So now it’s doesn’t matter which windows version are you using.
Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device
When you are trying to upgrade hard drive by installing other hard disk drive and while booting system after changing hard disk drive mostly users are facing this error. Because of system BIOS having some problem to find hard disk, system driver or some other bootable device. You can also called Reboot and select proper boot device as BIOS error.
Method 1: Check Your Hard Disk is Damaged
The method to fix this problem is check hard is damaged or corrupted. In case if your hard disk is corrupted or damaged then you need to replace your hard disk with new one and install the windows again on your system.
For check your hard disk is corrupted or not by run diagnostic tool you need to simply follow below step by step process.
- For run diagnostics tool first you need to restart computer.
- During your computer start process and before the boot screen simply press F12 key for 2-3 times and you will see the boot menu.
- Simply click on start diagnostics option and it will automatically check status of hardware of your system.
- If any issue found with hard drive then it will show the error.
“Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device”
Method 2: Set Correct Boot Order
In mostly cases this error comes up when boot order is not connected properly and system trying to boot from other unknown sources and it failing to do so. For fix this issue you need to set correct boot order of hard disk to top priority by simply following below steps.
- The first step to enter your system into BIOS setup by pressing F1 or other key according to your computer manufacturer before boot screen or error screen.
- Once your system go to BIOS setup go to Boot section.
- Here check your computer hard disk is set to the top of the list in boot device priority. In case if is not set to the top priority then set it to first.
- After that simply press F10 button to save all changes.
Method 3: Check Your Hard Disk Properly Connected
In case of hard disk is not connected properly then you definetly face this error because of there is no any valide source available for boot your system.
After check your hard disk is connected property then reboot your computer and you can easily fix reboot and select proper boot device problem.
Method 4: Automatic Repair
- The first step to insert bootable DVD and restart your system.
- Select boot from CD or DVD option and press any key from keyboard to continue.
- Now it ask to select your language and click on next button.
- In next screen you can see option like repair your computer simply click on it.
- Now select troubleshoot and click on advanced option.
- Here you can see option like Automatic repair and wait till automatic repair process complete.
- After complete restart your computer and error will be fixed.
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily fix error like reboot and select proper boot device windows 8 & reboot and select proper boot device windows 10 asus. If you have any question like reboot and select proper boot device gigabyte, reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key, reboot and select proper boot device Ubuntu, reboot and select proper boot device keyboard not working then feel free to comment below.