iMessage Waiting For Activation Error on iPhone & iPad iOS 10 (Fixed)
Fix iMessage Waiting For Activation
iMessage Waiting For Activation: iMessage is very popular and most useful app in iOS for messaging. Most of the iPhone users use this imessaging service apart from text messaging. With this messaging service application, iPhone users send a text message, videos, audio, documents, photos, contact detail and group messages using the internet.
iMessage has comes with a lot of new features in iOS 10 like stickers, bigger Emojis, awesome screen effects and much more. But the iMessage Waiting for activation issue is still prevalent in iOS 10.
For use imessage service on iPhone or iPad device first, you need to active imessage feature on your iPhone or iPad device. Apple has launched iOS 9.4 update patch to fix lots of iOS 9 errors and bugs but still, many iOS 9 users are facing iMessage waiting for activation error in iOS 9 and prevent this service from working.
Apple provides an imessage service from iOS version 5 to till today latest iOS version. But this issue has been facing in past iOS versions as well iOS 8, iOS 9 and iOS 10. An iMessage waiting for activation error has been causing many iPhone and iPad users problems.
Note: iMessage activation process may take up to 24 hours to complete according to apple but mostly activation process is completed within an hour. During this time period leave imessage or facetime enabled and do not toggle it off and on.
The activation process of this service is very simple. But sometimes it can be very difficult to active imessage service on your iPhone device. And it displays the activation error message like “Waiting For Activation” or your iMessage simply not working on your iPhone. This issue seems to pop up with each new iOS 9 update and iOS 10. iOS 9 has many bugs available but now all the bugs are removed in iOS update version including iMessage activation unsuccessful. But serval users have reported an issue with iMessage waiting for activation. This error message can be extremely frustrating when you want to use iMessage service on your iPhone device and enjoy all the new features.
This error is one of the popular error in iPhone device. There are lots of websites available on the internet that provides a different solution on how to activate this service but most of the methods are not working for all iPhone users and leave you with activation unsuccessful and you will still have iMessage waiting for activation. We have checked many website and forums to find possible solutions for activation problem. We apply lots of methods to fix this error and today we are coming with 100% working tricks to fix this problem.
Below are symptoms the iMessage on the iOS 10 and other. If you are facing any of the listed symptoms then you can follow the troubleshooting methods.
- Show iMessage waiting for activation error box.
- It does not allow to send messages.
- You can not receive group and personal text messages and any other.
- Could not sign in, please check your network connection.
- This service activation process is failed.
- You face any error during the activation process.
If you have updated your iPhone or iPad device to iOS 10 then it’s chances of you is also facing activation error during the activation process. If you are constantly facing this error in your iPhone device then don’t worry there are servel solution available they help you to fix this error in few minutes. Facetime waiting for activation, which many users are also facing this error. So today in this article we are going to share how to troubleshoot iMessage activation issues on iOS devices like iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Also, this article helps you how to fix facetime waiting for activation.
Fix iMessage Not Working or ”Waiting for activation” on iPhone
Here are we provide some solutions and methods to fix the iMessage Waiting for activation and “An error occurred during activation” on iPhone or iPad in iOS 10, iOS 9 or any other iOS version. These methods will also work if you are getting the message like “An error occurred during activation”. The below 6 tricks are definitely help you to fix the iMessage “Waiting for activation” error on iOS 10 iPhone or iPad.
Please note that before apply below troubleshoot methods make sure your internet speed is very high. And there are no any internet connectivity issues because this feature required stable connection to work properly on your device. If everything your internet connection is good after that you can follow the below methods. Contact your carrier and ensure that you can receive messages and that your carrier supports iMessage. If you are thinking to reset your iPhone device for fix iMessage activation error then you are completely wrong because this error will not be fixed after resetting the device.
Before going to fix imessage waiting for activation error on iPhone, iPad with iOS 10, iOS 9 or iOS 8.x first you need to apply below some basic tricks to fix an error.
Method: 1 Facetime Setting
- First, open the setting app on your iPhone or iPad device.
- Scroll down and find facetime click on it.
- Under the facetime option make sure you have selected both option apple ID and your phone number.
Method: 2 Set My Number
Open contact app and make sure your mobile number is listed at the first position with My Number name. If your phone number is not available then follow the below steps.
- First, open the setting application in your iPhone or iPad device.
- Now scroll down and open phone option.
- Here you will see My Number option just click on it and enter your mobile number.
Method: 3 Set Date And Time
If you are setting the date and time manually then change the set date and time setting to “Set Automatically”. If your date and time are already set to this option then you don’t need to change anything.
Method: 4 Internet Connection
If you are currently using Wi-Fi on your iPhone or iPad device then change it to your mobile data connection. Mostly you are facing imessage waiting for activation error because of you are connected to the wifi connection. This is the main reason for facing this type of error in your iOS device.
For a change, your Wi-Fi connection to your device internet connection follows the below steps.
- The first step to open the setting app in your device.
- Now click on Wi-Fi/Celluar option.
- Here you need to turn off the switch.
- After that, you need to restart your device for work properly.
Method: 5 Reset Network Setting
After changing your device Wi-Fi connection to your device internet connection if this error message still appears then you need to reset network setting of your iPhone or iPad device. For reset the network setting of your device, you need to follow the below steps.
- First Open the setting app on your device.
- Now scroll down and find general option just click on it.
- Under the general option, you will see the reset option you need to open.
- And here click on Reset Network Setting option to reset your device network setting.
- After that restart your device. That’s its error will be fixed.
Method 6: Update Carrier Setting
During an update, your iPhone carrier setting makes sure you are connected to a stable Wi-Fi connection. For an update, your iPhone or iPad carrier setting follow the below steps.
- First, open the setting app in your device.
- Now scroll down and click on the general option.
- Under general find the about option and here you will see any update is available or not. If an update is available then click on update option.
- After that click on carrier option. And when you insert new Sim card in your iPhone device download the carrier setting for this new carrier.
Method: 7 Sign in With Other ID
Sometimes you can fix this error by changing your Apple ID. For change your Apple ID in your device you need to follow the below step by step process.
- First, the open setting app in your device. Under setting scroll down and click on Send & Receive option.
- Here you will see the Apple ID associated with your device.
- You need to tap on this apple id and click on sign out button.
- After that disable the iMessage service and restart your device.
- Now enable iMessage and add your Apple id. Now your error will be fixed.
If above method is not working for you then after you need to follow the below some other tricks. But if an error message is fixed with the help of above tricks then you don’t need to follow below methods.
Method:8 Airplane Mode
After applying all above if the error is still facing then you need to apply this method. You need to just follow the below step by step process.
- First, open the setting app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and find the message option just open it.
- Under the message disable the iMessage and Facetime.
- Now turn off the mobile data or wifi and turn on the airplane mode.
- After that again turn on the wifi option and enable the iMessage service.
- Now if your Apple ID is registered with iMessage service then you will not receive any message. But if your apple ID is not registered with iMessage then you will get the message for entering your id.
- Go to setting and turn off the airplane mode.
- Here you notified with the message your carrier may change for sms and click on ok button.
- In case if you do not receive any type of notification then you need to disable iMessage and again enable it.
- And now your iMessage is automatically activated.
We noticed, below listed iPhone device users are continuously getting iMessage waiting for activation issue. The above methods are work on all the below listed iPhone or iPad device.
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPhone 4
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini
- iPad 4
- iPad 3
- iPad 2
I hope you easily fix imessage waiting for activation on your iPhone or iPad device. If you are still facing this error then feel free to comment below. I definitely reply within 24 hours with some working solutions. But if you find this article is very useful for you then don’t forget to share with your friends. Thanks for visit this blog. Keep visiting for more interesting updates.