How To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error In Chrome
Hey, Guys if you are browsing the internet using Google Chrome web browser then definitely you face the error like DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. It is a very common error when you try to open any website or web page. You received the error like This webpage is not available. Mostly this type of error occurs in a google chrome web browser in windows 7, windows 8, 8.1 and windows 10. Basically, this error prevents you from accessing websites or web page, causes issues with connecting to outside services. The dns_probe_finished_nxdomain error can occur due to several reasons, but all reasons are related to DNS. By changing the private DNS to any public DNS you may resolve this issue.
Fix Dns_Probe_Finished_Nxdomain Error Code
Before fixing this error you need to know about why this error occurs so you can easily handle this type of errors. This is DNS (Domain Name Server) related error because the actual work of the DNS is to translate the name of the website to the corresponding IP address of the website. But your browser is not able to translate the web address and you will get this type of error. The Domain Name Server is a very important component in the proper functioning of the Internet. Different mail transfer agents use DNS to deliver email using a server.
All the website have a corresponding IP address where all the data and files of the website are stored. It is not for human to remember numeric IP addresses of all the website the DNS helps us to do that. The NXDOMAIN means Non-Existent Domain is the Internet Domain name is not able to be resolved by the DNS servers. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN can also occur if you make any changes in the host file and it can prevent you from access websites. Many time occurs due to misconfiguration on you PC, WiFi Router or computer firewall settings.
Why Dns_Probe_Finished_Nxdomain Error Occur
Your computer or smartphone use the default DNS configured in your router or modem which is provided by the Internet Service Providers (ISP). But many times it can be automatically changed and this error will occur. Always use the public DNS service because it will be always active. DNS Probe Finished nxdomain error is occurring due to DNS lookup failed. Before fixing this error I recommend you to please keep clean up and regularly update your pc or laptop because updated pc keep all network and system errors away. The dns_probe_finished_nxdomain android error shows that your pc or laptop could not establish a connection between the PC and web server. And client not able to place a request to the server
Today I browsing the internet and suddenly I get the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error in Google Chrome. And I fix this error in few minutes. So I decided to share working tricks about how to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error in google chrome while browsing the internet. Because there are lots of website and youtube videos are available on the internet they provide tricks to fix the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN mac error but most of the tricks are not working. So here I come with the new tricks for solve this error. And for fix this error you do not need any technical knowledge. You need to just follow the step by step process is given below.
Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error In Windows
1. Change your Internet DNS Address Settings
Mostly the error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN or DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG can easily fix by changing the DNS IP address. You can use Google public DNS servers to solve this error. For a change, IP address follows the below steps properly.
- First, open control panel in your pc or laptop.
- Now find the network and sharing center and open it.
- Here you will find the change adapter setting option click on it.
- After the click, new windows will be open and you can see all the connections on your pc.
- Now click on the connection where you face the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error.
- Right click on this connection and select the property option.
- The connection property option will be open and select the internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on the Use the following DNS server address and enter the below address.
- Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Now click on ok button to apply this changes.
- After that restart your computer and happy browsing without any error.
2. Restart Your DNS Client
For fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN windows error you need to restart your DNS client. For the restart, your DNS client just follows the below step by step process.
- First, go to start menu and search the service and open it.
- After open right click on DNS client option.
- Now click on restart button and your dns client will be restart.
- After that restart your computer and browse the internet using google chrome.
3. Flush DNS
This error occurs due to DNS problem so by flushing the dns using windows CMD (Command Prompt) you can easily fix this error. Just follow the below step by step process to fix this error using flush dns.
- Open windows and search for Command Prompt.
- And open the command prompt as admin.
- Now run the ipconfig/release command and hit enter.
- After that run ipconfig/flushdns command and hit enter.
- At last run ipconfig/renwe command for assign new ip address.
- After complete restart your computer.
4. Disable or Uninstall Website Filtering Software
If you are using website filtering software like microsoft.NET framework then disable or uninstall this software. For uninstall, this software follows the below steps.
- First, open the control panel and click on uninstall programs option.
- Here you will see all installed software on your computer.
- Now select the microsoft .net framework and uninstall this software.
- After that download the latest version of a .net framework from the microsoft official website.
5. Disable Windows Firewall or Windows Antivirus
If you are using any antivirus on your computer then it is possible to your facing this type of error. Because the firewall is blocking the google chrome to access the website. Then disable or uninstall the windows firewall or antivirus. This is a very easy solution for fixing this type of error.
6. Resetting the Catalog and IP
Resetting the Catalog and IP is another solution for fixing this type of error. You can reset the catalog and IP address using windows command prompt just follow the below step by step process.
- Press Windows key + R and search for the command prompt.
- Open the command prompt as admin.
- Type the “netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt” or ”netsh Winsock reset catalog” command and click on the enter button.
- After that restart, your computer and error will be fixed.
7. Restart Your PC
One of the easy solutions for this type of error is restart your windows computer. If this is a temporary problem then it will be fixed by restart your computer.
8. Restart the Router
If your router is not configured properly then it may possible to you gets this type of error. So when you get this error then turn off your router for few minutes and again turn on. Also, you can contact your internet service provider for more information.
9. Reset to Default Google Chrome
If this error does not fix after applying above methods then only one option is available for you is reset the google chrome web browser to default. For reset google chrome to default just follow the below step by step process.
First, open the google chrome browser.
- At the top right side, you see the three dot click on it.
- Now select the setting option and new tab will be open.
- Here you find reset to default option just click on it and close the google chrome.
- After that restart your computer and try to browse the internet.
Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error In MAC
1. Change your Internet DNS Address Settings
For a change, the dns setting in MAC os follows the below steps properly.
- First, go to the apple menu and click on system preferences.
- And find the network option and click on it.
- From the left side select the active network connection option.
- Add the below dns address at the dns server box.
- First DNS Address: 184.108.40.206
- Second DNS Address: 220.127.116.11
- After adding click on the apply and ok button.
- Now restart your computer.
- That’s it You fix this error.
Fix “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” Error In Android
If you are using google chrome web browser for browsing the internet in android device and facing this type of error then you can easily fix by using below steps.
- First, open the setting app in android your device.
- And open the WiFi option.
- Now press and hold on the wifi network you getting this error.
- Click on the modify network option.
- And click on the show advanced option to access advanced features.
- Select the static option and type the above dns ip address in DNS 1 and DNS 2 option.
- After that click on save button to apply changes and restart your android device.
I hope you like this post and you 100% solve this error with the help of above tricks. If you are facing any error while fixing this DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error, then comment below using the comment box. I definitely resolve your error within 24 hours. If you find this post is very helpful for you then don’t forget to share with your friends on facebook, twitter and google plus.