How to Convert Entourage emails (MBOX) to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365
Summary: This tutorial guides you on how to convert Entourage emails (MBOX) to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, or Office 365. It also provides a brief outline of why MBOX to PST conversion is required. Read on to know more.
Are you looking forward to better collaboration, messaging, and extended features email-client application? Is migration in your mind? Then, this Tutorial Blog is a must-have for you!
Email—Key Ingredient for Communication
In the current scenario of a fast-paced environment, Email is the most powerful communication mode among businesses and personal domains. With the advancement in technology, we now have a myriad of applications such as Outlook Express, MS Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Entourage, and much more.
Technology Evolution Impact on Email
Day-by-day, as technology is progressing, so are email client application needs, as well as features, are evolving. Thereby, owing to several upgrades, switching or migrating from one client application to another has become a commonplace. A number of users are switching to mitigate constraints and stay up-to-date.
Point of Remembrance
The point to take into account here is each email client has a particular file format to salvage its mailbox data, and these formats, as well as file extensions, varies from client to client. Therefore, if you think just by migrating from one to another application simply, the objective is met, then you need to have a relook.
The reason being for safe transfer and proper usability, one needs to ensure that there is a particular file format as well as a file extension. Therefore, if you are looking forward to moving from the current email client application Entourage to MS Outlook, then you need to convert MBOX Files to PST Files. Read on to learn how to fix the issue.
Before we delve into it, let us have a brief outline of the common factors that demands email migration, PST, and why MBOX to PST.
Listed below are the common factors responsible for user’s migration from one email client to another:
Factors are as follows:
- Improved email management
- Improved processing speed
- Technical advancement
- More precision
- Increased throughput
- Enhanced GUI
- Cross integration features
- Adaptability mobility
- Data fidelity maintenance
- Improved mailbox storage capacity
- To ensure ease of data access as well as use
- To stay updated with enhanced, widened characteristics
- Flexible File format
- Can be accessed large number of email platforms
- Organized as well as secure method to salvage data
- Proprietary Outlook file format
Why MBOX to PST Conversion?
The following reasons state the need for this conversion.
- MBOX does not support PST format the much-needed format to access Outlook
- It includes email messages only in a sequential manner
- MBOX does not provide mailbox data as well as its components in organized form like PST
- To access MBX files, you need network connectivity, while in Outlook, you can work Offline too.
How to Migrate?
You can migrate MBOX to PST in two ways:
- Manual Approach
- Software Approach
Both these approaches have their pros and cons.
A first approach which every user would like to use.
First Thing First
Backup MBOX Files to avoid data loss
Step 1: AppleMail Conversion to MBOX
- Run AppleMail
- Go to File menu
- Click on to Import Mailboxes option
- Now, click on to ‘Files in MBOX format’ option
- Click on to Continue option
- State files salvaging location
- Click on to the MBOX Files that you need to Import
- Choose Items which you need to Import
- Click on Done
- Under Mailboxes list, browse the Import section
Now, for MBOX to PST conversion, you need to install Windows Version Eudora for MBOX creation finalization, as you cannot migrate MBOX files to PST directly.
Step 2: Add MBOX File Extension to Import the File
- Append MBOX File Extension
- Now, migrate the file to Eudora Directory where files are by default stored—“C: Documents and Settings<user>Application Data\Qualcomm\Eudora.”
- Run Eudora on the system
- Double-click on the renamed file
- Close the application
Step 3: Import Messages from Eudora
- Run Outlook Express
- Click on the File Menu -> Select Import -> Choose Messages
- Choose Eudora -> Next
- Browse .mbx file location -> Ok -> Next -> Next -> Finish
Now, you can access the imported mailbox in the Local Folders
Step 4: Import messages from Outlook Express to MS Outlook
- Go to MS Outlook
- Click on to File tab
- Select Open
- Select Import
- Choose Import and Export Wizard
- Click on Import Internet Mail and Addresses option
- Click on Next
- Choose Outlook Express
- Verify Import mail option is enable
- Click Next
The Conversion process is complete. Imported Folder is ready for access in MS Outlook Application.
Though this process lets you export MBOX into Outlook, but it does not let you convert MBOX to Office 365.
- Absolutely Free
- Lengthy process
- Requires basic technical knowledge
- Requires complete consideration
- Sometimes Data Integrity is at stake
What if the manual approach does not work? What if the user finds the process tricky to execute?
A straightforward Approach—Third-Party Recovery Tool
The advantage of using a third-party tool selection is that it is fast, secure, and free from manual intervention. Regardless of the whether you are a technical expert or not, you can effortlessly and seamless convert MBOX to PST. With hands on this utility, a user with even with basic or zero technical expertise can also ensure a smooth migration.
A recommendation based on technical expertise of the tried, tested and approved software— Stellar MBOX to PST Converter.
Stellar MBOX to PST Converter Overview
A simple and straightforward solution intended to import MBOX files into PST file format. It promises conversion without single email loss. The best thing about this software is its support for 17 MBOX Email Clients— Sylpheed, OperaMail, Mulberry, AppleMail, Spicebird, Pocomail, SeaMonkey, Evolution, ClawsMail, Eudora, Thunderbird, Netscape, Entourage, Mutt, Cone, Mozilla Mail, and Gnu.
The processing of this conversion process is very simple. Another distinguishing feature of this software is its capability to preview converted files prior saving to ensure precision. With hands on this utility, you can save the converted files into either Existing or New PST as per convenience. Adding more, it also offers you the freedom to save converted files into varying formats such as MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, and PDF.
Stellar MBOX to PST Converter: Key attributes
- Safe, fast, and risk-free
- User-friendly interface
- Generates a Log Report
- Recommended for novice as well as expert users
- Supports 17 MBOX based Email Clients conversion
- Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003
With this software, you can convert Entourage emails to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 or Office 365.
The Way Forward
Migrating from one email client application to another is not at all a tedious task. Only a user needs to be clear about certain aspects.
Now, that you are aware of the pros as well as cons of both manual and software approaches, you can choose any of these as per your convenience; however, with all said, Stellar MBOX to PST Converter is recommended as they allow MBOX to PST conversion in an error-free way.
Author Bio: Martin Hoff is an independent technical consultant on technology blog and magazine. He is interested in serving free “How to Guides” for MS Outlook, Novell GroupWise and other email platforms.